Useful Links for Visiting Chicago
- Interactive map Map showing hotels Tollway traffic
- Weather: Wunderground AccuWeather
- Some restaurants in the area
- Chicago Parking Lots -- Needs Java on your computer. Hit the magnifier on top of the page, then click and drag your cursor to center on an area
- Public Transportation Chicago Transit Authority (CTA)
- Chicago City Pass A pass to many Chicago museums and attractions.
- AboutChicago Favorite area attractions, special events, and things to do whether you are a
longtime Chicago resident or someone who is visiting our city.
- ChooseChicago Chicago tourist information.
- Chicagoreader.com The “Reader,” one of the first of the alternative publications and still one of the best, has a great Website. It is great fun to go through their restaurant listing which allows you to program your search according to location, type of cuisine, and price. It also has links for all types of music, museums etc.
- Jazzinstituteofchicago.org The Jazz Institute is a membership organization which publishes a monthly newsletter and has a hotline number – (312) 427-3300 - that gives information regarding all of the jazz clubs, concerts, etc. The JI also is responsible for organizing and running the “World's largest free jazz festival” in Grant Park every year.
- Cityofchicago.org/ General site for finding out “stuff” about the city, with links to everything. Go to “About Town” and find link to “Exploring Chicago” for most interesting stuff. From this site, for restaurants, click on same, then click “Metromix,” and get into a site for 9,000 restaurants. Interestingly, from this link, you can go to the Reader Restaurant site and a downtown map.
- Navypier.com This exciting entertainment venue can be accessed through links from most of the Chicago sites, but I like to go directly through its homepage.